Have you ever compared yourself to someone in your niche and thought, “Wow; they’re so successful. I want to be like them! But I could never accomplish what they’re doing, so I won’t even try.”
Been there. Done that.
Perhaps that’s why I’ve been listening – and re-listening – to my chat with mindset coach, Kyrsti Snyder. During our frank conversation, Kyrsti and I discuss the ways we allow our fears, our perfectionism, and our desire for comfort to stunt our growth.
Kyrsti helps us flip the script. She shows us how to replace “playing small” with making committed, disciplined decisions.
Setting Growth Goals
One reason we don’t accomplish our goals is because we set the wrong type of goal. Kyrsti introduces three types of growth goals we can set for our business:
- A-type goals: What you’ve done; what you already know how to do; what you’ve accomplished during the last month or last year.
- B-type goals: What you think you can do; what you feel comfortable doing because you’ve planned it.
- C-type goals: Where you want to be in 3-5 years. You’re not sure how to do it; you simply know that you want it.
5 Tips for Achieving Goals
- Daily, make a list of productive, income-producing tasks focused on your vision.
- Daily, pick a couple of items from your list that will multiply your efforts.
- Daily, wake up with the intention, “I can” or “I get to do…”
- Every morning, block out 20 minutes to set your intention for the day.
- Every morning, block out 20 minutes to “be” in the moment.
About Kyrsti Snyder
Kyrsti is a mindset coach, business owner, corporate trainer, writer and blogger, motivational speaker, and classically trained actor and vocalist who has a passion for helping others refine and enhance their confidence and mindset.
She is a wife of eight years, a mother of two young boys, and an expert coach alongside Bob Proctor. She blogs, writes music and lyrics, hikes.
Kyrsti has two books launching during 2021: a gratitude journal and a “mindset shift” anthology, for which she is a contributor.
Visit Kyrsti: Velocity-Consulting.com
Magnetic Mindset for Business Professionals (Kyrsti’s private Facebook group)
Find Your Ideal Audience
You have a life-transforming message to share with a slice of the world. This audio training and workbook will help you get to know your unique audience better than you ever thought possible.
4 Traits of a Gritty Writer
Intentional Business, with Britney Gardner
More Mindset Episodes
Setting Big, Hairy, Audacious Goals
Going ALL IN
Moving from Self-Focused to Self-Forgetful
Being True to Yourself
Is a B- Launch Good Enough?
The Secret to ‘Doing’ Social Media (Part 1 of 4)
How to Keep Up With The Show
Click here to join my my email list and I’ll notify you about every episode. (When you subscribe, you’ll also get my free guide, Essential Resources for Running a Writing Business.)
To discuss what you’re learning in each episode, join The Professional Writer Podcast Facebook Community (our private Facebook group for listeners). You’ll meet other professional writers and can ask questions and share ideas. I also post value-added tips exclusively in the group!
If you know a writer who would be interested in The Professional Writer Podcast, please share this link with them: