Is Your Website Illegal? How to Fix That
Do you have a signup form for your email list on your website or blog?
A contact form on your website?
It’s also where you tell visitors about their rights under the GDPR and other similar laws.
The policy I use – and the one I recommend to all of my clients and email subscribers – was created by Bobby Klinck, an intellectual property attorney and online entrepreneur. I have followed Bobby for years and purchased his legal templates for my business.
Best of all, it’s completely FREE!
My new favorite legal resource for my business
Bobby has also just released a handy new freebie, “The Ultimate Legal Checklist.”
I downloaded this 25-page guide; it’s packed with quick tips and action steps that simplify the overwhelming legal stuff.
The first half of The Ultimate Legal Checklist walks through the major issues that online business owners need to deal with, including:
- Creating an LLC or other corporate entity
- Running trademark searches when picking brand and product names
- What to do to avoid getting sued for copyright infringement
- Dealing with privacy issues
- Getting your website legal policies in place
- The legal agreements, policies, and disclosures you need to keep your business and business relationships protected
The second half is a series of 2-page checklists:
- Course Creator’s Legal Checklist
- Membership Site Owner’s Legal Checklist
- Coach’s Legal Checklist
- Service Provider’s Legal Checklist
Get your FREE copy of The Ultimate Legal Checklist
Website Policy Pack
Disclaimer. This serves a number of roles, including explaining that you are providing information, not advice, disclosing any incentives you receive for reviews or links, and informing visitors that the results touted on your website “are not typical.”
Bobby’s Website Policy Pack contains templates for all 3 of these must-have policies.
And the best part… they’re only $27.
Twenty. Seven. Dollars.
Click here to purchase your Website Policy Pack
The Online Genius Template Library
Finally, I want to recommend The Online Genius Template Library.
It’s an all-access pass to customizable legal agreements and policy templates to help you protect every nook and cranny of your online business WITHOUT having to hire a fancy lawyer for a zillion dollars.
Bobby’s Template Library includes all of the templates to protect your business, including:
- Website Legal Policies – The 3 templates you MUST have on your website if you want to be 100% covered.
- Customer/Client Agreements – Go-to contracts for anyone who books one-to-one services with you.
- Online Program Terms and Conditions – Agreements for your online courses and membership sites with all the legalese included, including the oh-so-important refund policy!
- Confidentiality Agreements – Templates to help you protect the “secret sauce” in your business.
- Independent Contractor Agreement – Make sure your relationship with your VA, copywriter, designer, and other outside contractors doesn’t create risks for your business.
- Agreements for Employees – The must-have contracts to ensure you own the content they create for you and that they don’t walk out the door with your confidential information.
- Publicity, Testimonial, and Podcast Releases – The written consent you NEED for anyone who appears on your online platform.
- Affiliate Agreement – Having people sell your product FOR you is a dream… as long as you’ve got a written agreement with your affiliates to make sure you don’t end up in a nasty dispute.
- Guest Teacher Agreement – For when you have a guest teach content inside of your program and you need to make sure everyone knows who owns what.
- LLC Operating Agreement – The basic agreement you NEED to protect yourself and your business.
You’ll be getting ALL OF THE THINGS!
When you sign up for The Online Genius Template Library, you’ll also get access to a private Facebook group where Bobby is available to answer your questions about the templates and about the “legal stuff” more generally.
AND, as Bobby creates new agreements, you’ll get those, too. This legal toolbox will serve you now and in the future. As your business grows, you’ll already have the agreements and templates you’ll need.
Click here to grab your all-access pass to The Online Genius Template Library.
I hope you enjoy these legal resources as much as I do!
**I am an affiliate for Bobby Klinck. When I refer customers to him, I receive a commission.
Leave a Reply