79 – 4 Strategies for Growing the Know-Like-Trust Factor
I chatted on the phone with an author who has attended workshops I’ve taught at writers conferences.
She was looking for help promoting her upcoming book – specifically, help with email marketing.
She said these exact words to me:
“I don’t want to work with a stranger. I know you and trust you.”
Her words powerfully brought home the know-like-trust factor.
Know-like-trust is a common adage in the marketing industry: Before someone will hire you, they need to feel as if they know you, like you, and trust you.
Today, I’ll walk you through my multi-tiered strategy that gives my audience many opportunities to know, like, and trust me.
Transcript Alert: This episode is an adaptation of my blog post, “Why the Know, Like, Trust Factor Works So Well (And How to Nurture It in Your Business).” Visit the post for the transcript of this episode.
Here’s my strategy, in a nutshell:
- Free Goodies
- Low-Cost Do-It-Yourself Trainings
- Affordable Done-With-You Group Coaching Programs
- Premium Private Coaching
TIER 1: FREE GOODIES
In addition to the boatload of free information I provide on The Professional Writer podcast, on my blog, and via email, I use several lead magnets that give my subscribers opportunities to experience my teaching and know me on a deeper level.
- Email Marketing for Writers: 7 Days to Launch Your List
- Essential Resources for Running a Writing Business
- The 7 Biggest Website Turnoffs
TIER 2: LOW-COST DIY TRAININGS
These resources serve as a low-risk entry point for prospective clients who want to take the first baby step of working with me.
- Find Your Ideal Target Audience (audio training + workbook)
- 152 (Wahoo!) Email Marketing Ideas for Writers (ebook)
TIER 3: AFFORDABLE DONE-WITH-YOU GROUP COACHING PROGRAM
This option is for people who want live access to my training and coaching, but who also benefit from working with a small group cohort.
- Jump-Start Your Email List (group coaching program – email Laura to be added to the wait list for the next program launch)
TIER 4: PREMIUM PRIVATE COACHING
Full, one-to-one access to me and my team helps clients quickly achieve their goals.