Two months ago, we shared the steps we’ve been taking to re-brand the West Coast Christian Writers Conference (I volunteer on the Board of Directors).
We changed the name of the organization, revamped the conference curriculum, moved the conference to a new location, designed a logo and ramped up our marketing efforts.
We created a one-page website that included the conference essentials. The “starter” website introduced the new brand to the world while the board members finalized the conference details.
We just launched the full-featured website (which replaced the one-page site). It’s a WordPress site that uses responsive design technology, meaning that it functions perfectly on a desktop, tablet, or smartphone.
Some of our goals for the site’s design included:
- Clean, contemporary, fun
- Prominent conference registration
- One-click access to every page
- Map of new conference location on every page
I’m excited about the Scholarships section of the website.
West Coast Christian Writers has teamed up with Inspire Christian Writers and the Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference to offer two amazing scholarships: The Ethel Herr Memorial Scholarship and the Jon Drury Scholarship.
The winner of each scholarship will receive a prize package valued at $1000:
- Tuition to the 2016 WCCW Conference held in February ($149 value)
- 1-year membership to Inspire Christian Writes ($50 value)
- Tuition to the 2016 Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference ($800—accommodations not included)
The deadline for these scholarships is December 1, 2014, so put on your writer hat, check out the submission requirements for each scholarship, and start writing!
November Registration Discount
The early registration fee for the conference is $129 through December 15, 2014.
During November, you can take an extra $10 off your fee when you register using coupon code Brave10.
If your loved ones ask what you’d like for Christmas, the appropriate reply is, “Please send me to the West Coast Christian Writers Conference!”
Here’s a short video from keynoter, Kathi Lipp, welcoming you to the 2015 conference:
What do you think?
We’d love your input as we continue refining the WCCW website.
- What’s your first impression of the site?
- Were you able to quickly find the information you wanted?
- What improvements would you suggest?