HootSuite, my favorite social network management tool, today implemented an Affiliate Program for people who subscribe to its Premium (paid) plans.
Affiliates will earn a commission of 50% on the first subscription payment for people we convince to sign up for a premium plan. The catch is that the minimum payout is $100. I assume that means an affiliate would have to get an awful lot of people to sign up for a Premium plan in order to earn a commission.
HootSuite does offer a free version with limited features. Their free version hooked me a couple of years ago, and I now manage over a dozen of my clients’ Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts (as well as my own accounts) with this easy-to-use tool. When HootSuite switched to a paid version a couple of months ago, I decided $5.99/month would be a worthwhile investment. Here’s a quick overview of HootSuite’s plans:
- 5 social profiles (That means the TOTAL number of social profiles you own and manage from within HootSuite. If you manage your Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts, that counts as 3 social profiles.)
- 2 RSS/Atom feeds (That’s the number of RSS connections available to auto-update your social profiles from your blog or news feed.)
- 30 days stats history (the number of link click-throughs from your social updates)
- Ad supported (clearly labeled “promoted tweets” from Twitter will appear in your Search stream.)
Pro/$5.99 per month
- Unlimited social profiles
- Unlimited RSS feeds
- Unlimited stats history
- 1 free team member
- Google Analytics integration
- Facebook Insights integration
- Ad Free (you can opt out of seeing promotional tweets in your search or social streams)
- Affiliate program
Enterprise/$1499 per month
- This plan is spendy and is for larger businesses who have multiple people managing social media accounts. Details about HootSuite’s Enterprise plan here.
And here’s a peek at the cool ways you can use HootSuite.
HootSuite offers a 30-day free trial of its Pro plan, which is what I signed up for. I used it for a full month, and then I had the option to upgrade to the paid plan or continue using with the free version. The feature I like best about HootSuite is the ability to pre-schedule updates to a variety of social networks and to edit or save drafts updates. A terrific URL shortener is included, as well.
The clean interface is easy to navigate and allows me to monitor my Facebook and Twitter streams (and more) at-a-glance. I can also re-tweet, reply, and send direct (Twitter) messages and comment on Facebook Page posts from within HootSuite. Since I manage multiple accounts, it saves me a tremendous amount of time logging into and out of various accounts.
Why not give HootSuite a try? Click the banner below to start your free 30-day trial.
*Disclosure: Yes, I am a HootSuite Affiliate.